It's National Empanada Day (yes, it's an actual thing) so make like Loca, Dubai Marine Beach Resort and whip up these gorgeous banana empanadas for dessert.
10pcs Flour tortillas
1tsp Cinnamon powder
1 tsp Vanilla flavoring
1tsp Corn flour
2 tsp Water
Cooking oil (as required)
- Place a mixing bowl near cooking area.
- Remove the skin off of all the bananas.
- Dice the bananas into a paste.
- Combine with cinnamon powder and vanilla flavoring in the mixing bowl.
- Combine the cornstarch and the water in a separate bowl.
- Fill in the open side of a flour tortilla with 1 tablespoon of the banana filling.
- Seal the borders of the tortilla shut with the mixture of cornstarch and water.
- Fill a frying pan with enough oil to submerge half of the tortilla.
- Fry the empanadas until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and remove excess oil.
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Loca