It's National Empanada Day (yes, it's an actual thing) so make like Loca, Dubai Marine Beach Resort and whip up these gorgeous banana empanadas for dessert.
- 500g Ripe bananas
- 10pcs Flour tortillas
- 50g Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla flavoring
- 1tsp Corn flour
- 2 tsp Water
- Cooking oil (as required)
- Place a mixing bowl near cooking area.
- Remove the skin off of all the bananas.
- Dice the bananas into a paste.
- Combine with cinnamon powder and vanilla flavoring in the mixing bowl.
- Combine the cornstarch and the water in a separate bowl.
- Fill in the open side of a flour tortilla with 1 tablespoon of the banana filling.
- Seal the borders of the tortilla shut with the mixture of cornstarch and water.
- Fill a frying pan with enough oil to submerge half of the tortilla.
- Fry the empanadas until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and remove excess oil.
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
Image Source: Loca