Discover a Whole New Way to Cook Eggplant With This Afghan Dish
Maybe you like to eat your eggplant as part of a parmesan dish, Baba Ganoush or even ratatouille? But once you try Banjan Borani, an Afghan dishm you're gonna be obsessed with pairing yours with yoghurt. Check out this recipe from Barbecue Delights.
- 1kg Eggplant (cut into round slices)
25g Garlic paste
½ tsp Cumin seeds
15ml Olive oil
- To taste Salt
- FOR TOPPING:
100g Tomato paste
- Shallow fry the eggplant slices to a light golden brown on both sides.
- Sauté the cumin seeds in garlic, making sure the garlic doesn’t brown. Add
to the stirred yoghurt and mix well.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture into a shallow serving dish.
- Arrange the fried eggplant slices on top of the yoghurt mixture.
- Mix tomato paste and vinegar and a little salt. Spread evenly on Eggplant
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and then serve. Tastes great with hot
naan or as a great side dish with any kind of pulao rice.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Barbecue Delights