With 25 years on shelves of supermarkets in the United Arab Emirates, there might just be no better brand than this household name to come up with dreamy dessert recipes. Known for their dried fruits, nuts, pulses, herbs and spices, Bayara has come up with a low-sugar range of treats, free from chemicals and artificial flavors. Here's how to make their Sugar-Free Figs Custard.
- 1 cup Bayara dried Figs
½ tsp Bayara Cinnamon Powder
¼ cup Skimmed milk powder
½ cup Bayara Walnuts (chopped to garnish)
½ cup Fresh milk
- Place the figs in a pan with milk and cook till it is tender (for approximately 30 minutes).
- Adjust milk as it cooks, there should be enough liquid to cover the figs after it is cooked through.
- Remove the pan off the heat, mix in cinnamon powder and leave to cool.
- When lukewarm, add the milk powder and blend in a blender and transfer into the serving dish.
- Garnish with the chopped walnuts and refrigerate till set.
- Serve chilled.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern