Love Eggs Benedict? Learn how to make the breakfast/brunch dish from scratch with this recipe using beef bacon, from Eggspectation.
- FOR THE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
4 Egg yolks large
170g Clarified butter
2 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp Water
½ tsp Black pepper crushed
3 to 4 pcs Bay leaves
2 tbsp Chopped shallots
- FOR THE BACON EGGS BENEDICT:
8 Large eggs
8 Beef bacon slashers
4 English muffins halved
1/4 Vinegar white
Pinch Crushed pepper
FOR THE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- Add all the ingredients except egg yolk, butter and salt in a saucepan bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Position a large mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water, while making sure bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. then add yolk in to mixing bowl start to whisk using wire whisk gradually; after a minute, thinly stream clarified butter into eggs while continuing to whisk until mixture turns creamy.
- Then drain vinegar and lemon mix and add only the liquid into the eggs mixture and whisk for another a minute. Keep the sauce warm in its bowl set over the simmering water.
FOR THE BACON EGGS BENEDICT:
- In a large sauce pan add 6 liters water and bring to boil, then reduce heat and leave to simmer.
- Add vinegar into simmering water and gradually whisk the water using a wire whisk. Gently break the eggs in to water and poach for 4 minutes.
- While eggs are getting poached, in a non-stick pan cooked bacon for 2 minutes while flipping both the sides for cooking.
- Toast halved English muffin using bread toaster and place each 2 halves in plate, then place bacon over the muffin.
- Remove poached eggs from water while draining and place each egg over the bacon.
- Using a spoon, pour Hollandaise sauce over the egg, sprinkle crushed pepper and serve with a hash brown or fried potato chips.