Thanani restaurant recently opened, serving up Modern European cuisine with a view over Ajman. Try making their Beef Chorizo Croquettes With a Honey Mayo Dip from scratch at home.
- 150g Beef chorizo
100g Bread crumbs
3 Whole eggs
100g Additional Flour for Coating
- FOR THE DIP:
60g Pasteurized egg yolk
10g White wine vinegar
20g Dijon mustard
225g Sunflower oil
- Dice the chorizo and pan fry it on a low heat. Once nice and crispy, drain to separate from the oil. The oil can be used for other dishes.
- Warm the milk and melt the butter in a separate pot.
- Once the butter is melted, add the flour and cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly.
- Add the cooked and diced chorizo.
- Once all the milk has been added, cook for a further 5 minutes on a low heat or until the texture is firm and creamy.
- Remove from the fire and let it cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (ideally overnight).
- Roll balls of 26g each (recipe makes 28).
- Prepare 3 containers: one with flour, one with bread crumbs and one with the whole eggs whisked.
- Coat the croquette balls in flour, then egg and finally in the bread crumbs.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
- For frying, heat up the oil in a table top fryer (if you don’t have one use a deep pot with oil). Fry for approximately 4 minutes at 180C or until golden brown.
FOR THE DIP:
- Add all the ingredients except the oil to a blender.
- On a medium speed, blend all ingredients and slowly start to add the oil to emulsify and create the mayo texture.
- Once all the oil is added, switch off the blender and taste for the seasoning.
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds