If it's good enough for Dubai's Sheikh Hamdan, we'll recreate one of Social House's famous recipes any day. The Middle Eastern royal has been spotted dining at the restaurant, which you can find inside The Dubai Mall, and we'd like to think we could tempt him over to our dinner table to try our version of this Beetroot Falafel dish.
What a great dinner party that would be!
- 2¼ cups Chickpeas (soaked overnight)
1tbsp Coriander Leaves
½ tsp Salt
3 ½ tbsp Onions (finely chopped)
1tbsp Cumin Powder
3tbsp Bread Crumbs
1½ tsp Chicken Powder
1tbsp Coriander Powder
2tbsp Tahina Dip
1 Pita Bread
- Soak chickpeas overnight and set aside.
- Prepare a mixture of the coriander leaves, salt, onions, cumin powder, bread crumbs, chicken powder and coriander powder.
- Preheat the oven to 280 degree celsius and roast the beetroot for two hours wrapped in an aluminium foil.
- Peel, grate and squeeze the juice out of the roasted beetroot.
- Grate the chickpeas coarsely and add to the beetroot.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the beetroot and chickpeas mix.
- Mold the mixture into 4 small patties and deep fry them.
- Serve hot with chilled tahina dip and pita bread.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds