Hate greens? This Beetroot and Orange Salad from Vida Downtown is the appetizer you need.
- 3 beetroot medium size
75g rock salt
4 oranges whole
40ml olive oil
10ml orange juice
½ tsp cinnamon powder
40 mint leaves
Pinch black pepper
- Pre heat oven to 200c.
- Double layer aluminum foil and cut large enough to fit the beetroot.
- Put the rock salt on the aluminum foil and place the beets on top of the salt.
- Pull the sides of the foil up around the beets. Like a bag, should be loose but should be sealed and place in oven.
- Cook the beets for 50 to 60 minutes. Use a skewer or knife to check if done. Skewer should easily move into the beet. If firm continue cooking.
- After roasting the beets let cool for easy handling. Suggest to wear gloves while handling beets unless you like purple hands. Peel the beets and cut into strips about 1x1cm.
- Remove the skin of the four oranges with a knife leaving no peel or white membrane.
- Slice two of the oranges into rounds. Try to get twenty orange rounds remove seeds if needed.
- Cut two oranges into segments with no skin or seeds.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except orange rounds.
- On a plate lay down five orange rounds and place the salad on top.
- Side Dishes
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Vida Downtown