- 2 red apples
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
Powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice apple in half and core center. Then very thinly slice the apple into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- Heat the apples and sugar water in a small sauce pot over medium high. Cook apples for two to three minutes, or until softened slightly. Remove from heat, drain, and let cool.
- Roll puff pastry out on a flour-dusted cutting board until it's a long rectangle. Cut into six strips. Take one strip and lay apples on the puff pastry, overlapping and hanging off the top half of the pastry. Continue until there is a row of apples on the puff pastry. Fold the bottom half of the pastry on top of the apples. Pinch and roll the pastry into a rose shape. Place in a greased cupcake pan and repeat to make five more roses.
- Bake apple roses for 20 minutes or until puff pastry is cooked through. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
- 6 servings