If you don't have a microwave, heat the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until scalded (small bubbles form on the edge of the pan). Whisk in chocolate, butter flavor, and vanilla until chocolate emulsifies completely.
Though the butter flavor is essential in making this hot chocolate taste like birthday cake, if you can't find it, simply double the vanilla extract.
- 1 cup milk of your choice
1/4 cup (2 ounces) white chocolate
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon butter flavor, like Wilton (found in most grocery stores)
Whipped cream, for garnish
Rainbow jimmies, for garnish
- In a mason jar, combine the milk, chocolate, vanilla extract, and butter flavor.
- Microwave for about 1 minute and 10 seconds, or until small bubbles form at the top of the milk and the chocolate appears slightly melty.
- Carefully remove (you may need to do so with a towel or oven mitt). Secure the lid on the mason jar, and shake until the chocolate dissolves into the milk and becomes frothy.
- Unscrew the cap, transfer to a mug, and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Hot Drinks
- 1 hot chocolate