Burger buns, macarons and even water has had its time when it comes to the black trend. Now, Head Chef Eros Brambilla from Ravioli&Co., a trattoria in Dubai's DIFC neighborhood, shares his recipe for Cappellacci Al Nero Di Seppia (Black Ink Cappellacci Filled With Cod).
- FOR THE RAVIOLI:
3 Egg yolk
2 Egg whites
500g White flour
1 tbsp Blank ink
- FOR THE SAUCE AND FILLING:
500g White code fish unsalted (baccalà)
200g Boiled potatoes
5g Lemon zest
1 Egg yolk
100g Cherry tomatoes
1 clove Garlic
Preparation of the Cappellacci:
- To begin, pour the flour on the countertop, make a pit in the center, crack the eggs in the middle and add the spoon of black ink.
- Mix the ingredients with a fork from inside out and knead the dough until homogeneous.
- Wrap it in film and set aside for 30min to rest.
- After 30 minutes cut a part of the dough and flatten it with the pasta machine, place a rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each square, then lightly moisten edges with water and fold in half to form a triangle, pressing down firmly but gently around filling to seal and forcing out any air.
- Bring two opposite corners together, overlapping ends, to make a small ring, and press together.
Filling and sauce:
- Mash the boiled potatoes.
- Steam the codfish without skin for 20 minutes, flake the fish meat with a fork and add the mashed potato, egg yolk, lemon zest (be careful as only the yellow zest is tasty the white is very bitter) and parmigiano.
- Adjust flavors with salt and pepper.
- Cook the Cappellacci in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan with olive oil and add a clove of garlic. Once the garlic turns golden, add the cherry tomatoes (which are cut into quarters) and toss on high heat for a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and incorporate the Cappellacci and fresh basil.
- Main Dishes