Need a quick snack to feed the kids? These Breaded Mozzarella Sandwiches will do the trick and are so easy to make with the De'Longhi Multifry Multicooker Extra Chef Plus (AED1,299), a 4-in-1 machine that cooks, fries, grills and bakes.
- 12 square bread slices
flour (to taste)
bread crumbs (to taste)
salt (to taste)
12 anchovies (optional)
12 mozzarella slices
6 cooked ham slices
sunflower seed oil (lev 5)
- Remove the crust from the bread slices. Cut each slice into 2 rectangles. Fill each rectangle with a slice of mozzarella, 1/2 slice of ham and 1 anchovy.
- Cover with the other slice of bread.
- Put the eggs in one bowl, flour in another and bread crumbs in a third.
- Dredge both sides of each sandwich in flour, dip in egg and then dredge in bread crumbs, sealing well to keep the mozzarella from leaking out during cooking.
- If you wish, you can bread again in egg and then once more in bread crumbs.
- Remove the paddle from the bowl.
- Pour the oil in the bowl, close the lid, set the thermostat dial to position 4, press the bottom heating element button and press the on/off button.
- Preheat the oil for one minute.
- Add the mozzarella and cook for 8 minutes, turning over once about halfway through cooking.
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds