Play around with the ingredients in your breakfast burrito and feel free to experiment. I like to cook my eggs in olive oil because of the added flavor.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeds removed, chopped
1 russet potato, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a dash
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 whole-wheat tortillas
6 tablespoons grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a cast-iron pan or a heavy sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, green pepper, and potato to the pan and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Let this mixture cook down, stirring occasionally until all of the vegetables are soft and begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In another pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, sprinkle with a dash of salt, and scramble until cooked but still soft.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with grated cheese and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Top each tortilla with cooked vegetables and half of the eggs. Top with hot sauce.
- Fold into a burrito by folding the bottom two inches of the tortilla up first, then closing the sides.