- 1/2 pound capellini or spaghetti pasta
6 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
2 tablespoons scallions, diced
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1 tablespoon butter
2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water, and set it aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the pasta, scallions, cherry tomatoes, and reserved pasta water to the skillet, and cook until the liquid has absorbed into the pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Into another skillet, melt butter. Add eggs, and fry sunny side up, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide pasta among 2 plates. Top each with a fried egg, and garnish with parmigiano-reggiano.
- 2 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds