- For spicy scallion paste:
4 scallions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- For the burgers:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 ounces brie cheese, rind removed and cut into 4 pieces
Vegetable oil, for brushing
4 hamburger buns of your choice
1 large tomato, cut in 1/4-inch slices
1 head of butter lettuce, leaves separated
- Make spicy scallion paste: In a food processor, pulse scallions, garlic, chile, lemon zest, olive oil, and salt together until a chunky paste forms. Set 4 tablespoons aside. With remaining scallion paste, mix it with 1/4 cup mayonnaise; set aside and refrigerate for later use.
- Make burgers: Light a grill or place a grill pan on the stove over high heat. In a medium-sized bowl, season ground beef with salt and pepper and form 8 thin patties. Top 4 patties with a slice of Brie and a tablespoon of scallion paste. Top with the 4 remaining patties, pinching the edges to seal.
- Brush burgers with oil and grill over high heat, turning once or twice, about 8 minutes for medium-rare patties. Two minutes before serving, grill hamburger buns until toasted.
- To assemble burgers: Spread a thin layer of reserved scallion mayonnaise on insides of buns. Fill each bun with a burger, tomato, and lettuce.
- Main Dishes, Beef
- North American