Never cooked a lobster before? This Malaysian Casserole recipe from Burger & Lobster shows you how to do it in the tastiest way. Just follow these preparation instructions then get stuck into the recipe below...
Place the point of a sharp knife toward the top of the lobster's head with the sharp part of the blade facing away from the tail. Very quickly stick the knife into the lobster's head and slice downward bringing the sharp blade through the head to the work surface. Now cut the lobster the other way down the body and tail so you have to long halves. Remove all the black and green goo and other membranes.
Cooking lobster is an art, and if you do not get the timing just right (15 minutes maximum), you might be in for a tough or chewy lobster. Never overcook your lobster. This makes the meat tough and stringy.
- 550g Whole Lobster
- 150g Ginger fresh
- 5g Garlic fresh
- 60g Coriander leaves fresh
- 2kg Shrimps paste
- 600g Tomato paste
- 30g Sugar
- 60g Salt
- 60ml Corn oil
- 50ml Coconut milk fresh
- 1Pc Whole egg
- 100g Green chili
- Prepare the lobster as mentioned and keep aside. Cut the body flesh into half.
- In a pan add corn oil, and fry on medium flame onion until cook.
- Add crushed garlic and ginger.
- On medium – low flame add the green chili.
- To this add shrimps paste, tomato paste, sugar, and fry well.
- Add the milk in the end.
- Add mixed egg before serving.
- Garnish with red chili and spring onion.
- Serve hot with brioche bread.
- Other Asian