- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced or pressed
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce or chili garlic sauce
1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
1 head bibb or butter lettuce, separated into leaves
1 small bunch green onions, sliced
- In a medium wok or skillet set over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil. Add the chicken, and cook until browned on all sides; transfer to a plate. Add the vegetable oil to the same skillet, and cook the garlic and mushrooms until tender.
- Meanwhile, add the other tablespoon of sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, and sriracha to a mason jar, and shake to mix.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with mushrooms and garlic. Add the water chestnuts, pour sauce over the dish, and toss to coat; cook until just heated through.
- Serve with leaves of butter lettuce and green onions.
- Appetizers, Poultry
- 6 servings