Sho Cho, Dubai Marine Beach Resort and Spa shares their recipe for a Chocolate Fondant.
- 150g Dark Chocolate
3 Egg yolks
85g Caster sugar
17g Hints cocoa
17g All purpose flour
- Prepare four fondant rings with baking paper.
- Beat the egg yolks and eggs using egg beater and set aside.
- Place sugar, butter and chocolate into heatproof bowl and place over simmering water, stir until all ingredients are melted, do not let the bowl touch the water.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from heat and whisk to ensure no lumps and grains.
- Add small amount of the eggs mixture and whisk vigorously until combined, repeat adding small amounts of the egg mixture and whisk until all combined and the mixture has a glossy smooth texture.
- Fold cocoa powder and all purpose flour.
- Pour into fondant rings and set aside in fridge for a couple of hours.
Image Source: Sho Cho