Little ones tend to love the texture and sweet flavor of a desert like chocolate mousse but this recipe from Chef Alexis Couquelet at Couqley is just as pleasing for the adult palate as it is for kids.
- 70g Chocolate Bar
- 10g Butter
- 8g Cream
- 2 Egg white
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2g Sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a mixing bowl set over barely simmering water. Meanwhile, on a separate bowl whip the egg whites until thick - then whip the egg yolk and sugar on a different bowl.
- When the chocolate is melted, mix the cream and butter - then add the whipped egg yolk, mix them together then let the chocolate cool down for a few minutes.
- After the mixture has cooled down, fold half of the whipped egg white above the chocolate, continue the process with the other half.
- Divide the chocolate mousse mixture into two cups, and chill until firm.
- Decorate with mint and biscuit (optional).