Comfort foods don't always have to be oozing with melted cheese from all angles (even though that's how we like it), and this Dirty Cajun Rice is sure to make you feel all fuzzy and warm on the inside. Mexican-inspired flavors paired with Southern-style chicken dishes make for comfort food heaven at The Chickery. Bundle up with some blankets and TV, or head to the beach where they're serving up old-fashioned favorites, with a side of chic at La Mer, Jumeirah. If you're thinking about staying in, keep reading to discover the restaurant's original recipe!
- 750g American Brown Rice
50g Boiled Black Beans
1pc Large Tomato
1pc Large White Onion
400ml Chicken Stock
10g Spice Rub
2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Soak the black beans for one whole day.
- Dice the tomato and white onion.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Take your clean pot of choice, add all of the listed ingredients including the vegetables, beans, and cilantro.
- Cover thoroughly and put in the oven – set to 320 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir thoroughly, and serve it up! Best paired with some delicious fresh chicken.
- Side Dishes
- North American
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds