Double Chocolate Cookie Shots | Food Video
Fuel Your Chocoholicism With Double Chocolate Milk and Cookie Shots
You've heard people say you can't have your cake and eat it too, right? Well to that we say: you can definitely have your milk and your cookies and an edible cup and a double serving of chocolate and you can eat all of it too! Plus we're pairing our luxurious chocolate-y treats with Lactaid milk, perfect for anyone who loves milk, minus the side effects of lactose. Please keep watching if you'd like to see how we prove this madman's theory.
Brandi Wearing Amour Vert
Double Chocolate Milk and Cookie Shots
Adapted from Nicole Iizuka, POPSUGAR Food
- For cookie shots:
1 cup shortening
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- For filling:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
2 cups Lactaid 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease shot-glass sized baking molds with shortening.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Next add both sugars. Continue mixing for an additional 2 minutes. Then add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and keep mixing until completely incorporated. Gradually add flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add chocolate chips and keep mixing until combined. The dough should be a little crumbly at this point.
- Form the cookie dough inside the baking molds using your fingers to press the walls of the cookie shot to be about 1/4-inch thick. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator prior to baking.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cookies just start to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second intervals until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate into the well of each cookie, rotating to coat, and then pour the excess chocolate back into the bowl. Let some chocolate drip over the edges of the shot. Chill cookie shots until the chocolate has set.
- Serve with Lactaid 2% milk.
- Desserts, Cookies
- Serving Size: 12
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Nicole Iizuka