One of the saddest parts about eating Christmas dinner is knowing that the meal you've looked forward to all year will soon be done. But when there's this Double Chocolate and Mixed Berry Bundt Cake to look forward to, we guarantee you'll be racing your way through the main course.
- 425g unsalted butter, plus melted butter for greasing
120g cocoa powder
260ml freshly brewed spinneysFOOD Ground Italian Dark Roast Co ee
5 spinneysFOOD Free Range Eggs
1 tbsp vanilla essence
430g spinneysFOOD All-Purpose Flour
560g spinneysFOOD Caster Sugar
1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
170g mixed berries, plus extra to decorate
150g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
150ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 and grease a bundt tin with melted butter.
- Stir together the cocoa powder and coffee to form a paste. Leave to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla then pour in 1⁄4 of the cooled coffee.
- Put the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, butter and 1 tbsp salt in a large bowl. Use an electric whisk to mix together until gravel- like. Gradually pour in the remaining coffee mix, a third at a time and scraping the bowl each time, until the cake batter is evenly mixed. Gently stir in the berries.
- Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, put the chocolate in a large bowl. Heat the cream in a pan until just simmering then pour over the chocolate. Leave to melt for 5 minutes then whisk until the chocolate has melted. Transfer to the fridge – the ganache will thicken as it cools.
- Remove the cake from the oven, cool in the tin for 10 minutes then gently invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with the ganache and decorate with berries.
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds