- For doughnut bread pudding:
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
6 day-old vanilla cake doughnuts (glazed or plain)
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- For frosting:
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup whole milk
3 drops neon pink food coloring
Rainbow sprinkles, for topping
- To make doughnut bread pudding: Preheat oven to 350°F. Use the butter to grease 9 1/2-inch diameter circular pan or oven-proof skillet.
- Cut each doughnut into four equal parts and place in the greased pan. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the milky egg combination onto the donuts. Press the doughnuts into the egg mixture to make sure all doughnuts absorb the liquid. Let it sit for 5 minutes before placing it in the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown on top. When the bread pudding is almost finished baking, make the pink glaze.
- To make frosting: In a medium bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Once combined, whisk in the pink food coloring.
- When the bread pudding is finished, remove it from the oven and let cool. Once it has cooled, use a large spoon to drizzle the frosting around the pudding in the shape of a large doughnut. Sprinkle with sprinkles and serve warm.
- 6 to 8 servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds