In case you were wondering how to improve doughnuts, we have the answer for you: doughnut fries. These little bites of heavenly goodness are light and crispy and pair well with any dip your heart desires. You'll never look at a plain old doughnut the same way again! For more dessert fries, you need to check out our cookie fries and brownie fries.
- For doughnut fries:
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (1-pound) can biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate, melted
- Rainbow sprinkles
- For “condiments":
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 ounces strawberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- To make doughnuts: Heat oil in a deep fryer, heavy-bottomed dutch oven, or skillet until it reaches 350ºF.
- Flatten each biscuit with a rolling pin and slice into thin strips. Cook in the oil for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Use an oil strainer or spider to remove them from the oil and transfer them to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
- While they're still warm, roll the doughnut fries in granulated sugar. Drizzle them with melted chocolate and garnish with sprinkles.
- To make the glaze dipping sauce: Combine powdered sugar and milk in a bowl and mix until it has a frosting-like consistency. Set aside.
- To make the strawberry "ketchup": Add strawberries and water into a pot over medium heat. Stir the strawberries until they boil and soften. Add the jam and continue mixing until warmed through and incorporated. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds. Enjoy immediately!
- 3 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds