If you are sensitive to salt, use half of the amount shown.
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak, trimmed if necessary
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chile powder
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Corn tortillas, for serving
Your favorite taco toppings: Guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream, cilantro, cotija cheese, grilled peppers and onions, lime wedges, etc.
- Heat a well-seasoned ridged grill pan (preferably cast-iron) over moderately high heat until beginning to smoke, then brush with oil.
- While pan heats, pat steak dry and stir together spices and salt, then rub all over both sides of steak.
- Grill steak, turning over once, 9 to 11 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes.
- Holding knife at a 45-degree angle, thinly slice steak across the grain. Serve with tortillas and toppings.
- Main Dishes, Beef