As we prepare for Ramadan, the recently-launched Sikka Café at City Walk, Dubai has announced a great deal to break your fast with friends. Their Iftar set menu costs a reasonable AED99 per person and includes this Emirati Chebab, a dish likened to pancakes.
Read on for how to recreate it at home.
- 400g No.2 flour
600g T45 Moulbe flour
4 Fresh eggs
10g Dry yeast
10g Cardamom green powder
10g Fennel seeds
- Add and mix all the ingredients together in the mixer machine.
- Add 50ml of water to the dough while it's mixing.
- After the dough is mixing for 15 minutes switch off the mixer and give time for the dough to rest and for the yeast to improve (approx. 30 minutes).
- Heat the Chebab pan on medium heat.
- Add 50g of the Chebab mixture in the pan to get a round pancake shape of 4pcs.
- Flip it when its ready.
- Once the second side is ready, get it out and spread with the cream cheese.
- Drizzle 1 spoon of dates molasses as a garnish.
- Serve with honey.
- Total Time
- 6 minutes, 59 seconds