Mmm...meringue, strawberries and cream. Sounds like the perfect dessert recipe to us! Here's how to make Eton Mess using Braun's MultiMix 3 Hand mixer HM 3135.
- 3 egg whites
800g strawberries, washed and hulled
1 tablespoon icing sugar
500ml thick cream
- Preheat the oven to 140ºC.
- Place the egg whites in Braun’s 600ml beaker. Attach the whisk accessory to Braun’s MultiMix 3 Hand mixer HM 3135 and start whisking the egg whites on a medium speed.
- Gradually add the sugar, whisking continuously and increase the speed until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Then place large spoonfuls of the mixture on a lined baking tray.
- Put in the oven and bake for at least 2 hours.
- Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven for a further 5 minutes to crisp up.
- Meanwhile cut two thirds of the strawberries in half, add to a large bowl with the icing sugar and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, attach Braun’s blending shaft to the hand mixer and pulse to form a fine purée.
- Switch the accessory again to the whisk accessory with one press of the large button and whip the cream with the help of the beaker until thickened.
- Roughly crush the meringues into bite-sized pieces and gently mix them with the whipped cream using a wooden spoon.
- Add the remaining fresh strawberries and pile into glass bowls. Drizzle with the strawberry puree and serve.
Image Source: Braun