What do you get when you poach meringues? Floating Islands! Make this dessert using Braun's MultiMix 3 Hand mixer HM 3105.
- FOR FLOATING ISLANDS
6 egg whites
Red berries for garnish
- FOR APRICOT AND VANILLA SAUCE
250g dried apricots
1 vanilla pod, split
- Place the apricot and vanilla sauce ingredients in a saucepan over a gentle flame and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then pour the ingredients into the 600ml beaker and attach the blending shaft to Braun’s MultiMix 3 Hand mixer HM 3105. Start at low speed and move up to create a smooth mixture. If necessary pass through a fine sieve and then refrigerate until required.
- For the floating islands, place the milk into a wide, shallow saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Thanks to ComfortClick you keep the same comfortable hand position no matter which attachment you are using. Replace the blending shaft with Braun’s whisk accessory per one click. In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg starting with a medium speed, increasing it while beating. Gradually add the sugar, whisking continuously until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Carefully shape 8 large spoonfuls of the egg white mixture and add to the simmering milk. Poach gently for two minutes on each side. Remove, cool and refrigerate.
- Pour the cooled apricot and vanilla sauce into the bottom of a dessert glass and cover with two of the floating islands. Garnish with red berries.
Image Source: Braun