- Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles, plus more for topping
Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl, using a rubber spatula, briskly stir together butter and both types of sugar until a thick paste forms. Add the egg and vanilla and stir until incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and keep mixing until just combined and a dough is formed. Stir in sprinkles.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop the dough into the muffin tin. The dough should fill each cup about 3/4 full. This recipe makes about 9 cups.
- Bake the dough for about 15 minutes or until just brown around the edges but still soft in the center. Remove from the oven, and using a greased spoon or deep 1/4-inch measuring cup, create wells in each cookie cup, leaving about a 1/4-inch edge around.
- Return the cups to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown.
- If any dough has risen in the center of the cookie during the second baking process, simply press down before the cup cools.
- Allow the cups to cool completely in the muffin tin. Once cool, use a dull knife to ease the cups out of each well. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, and when ready, serve with vanilla ice cream and additional sprinkles.
- Desserts, Cookies
- Serves 6
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds