Molten lava cake isn't just for fancy restaurants. While it's rare that you get to enjoy it at home, that's about to change with this recipe that will change lava cake forever. Funfetti molten lava cake is exactly what it sounds like — a while chocolate cake oozing with sprinkly goodness, and we're showing you how to make it in your very own kitchen!
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
6 tablespoons flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tablespoons sprinkles, plus more for garnish
Non-stick cooking spray
Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Spray 4 8-ounce ramekin dishes with cooking spray and lightly dust the inside with flour. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips with butter and melt in 30-second intervals until chocolate and butter are smooth.
- Whisk in powdered sugar and mix well. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Add eggs and egg yolks and continue mixing. The batter will smooth out. Add flour and whisk until combined.
- Gently fold in sprinkles, being careful to not over mix. You want them to be evenly distributed, but do not want the color to run. Evenly distribute the batter between ramekin dishes.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until the edges are firm but when you shake it the center is still slightly soft. Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the ramekin and then invert onto a plate.
- Serve immediately with ice cream and even more sprinkles.
- Desserts, Cake
- Serving Size: 4
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds