Gordon Ramsay Fun Facts
15 Fascinating Facts That Will Make You Love Gordon Ramsay Even More
Gordon Ramsay is one of the most well-known chefs in the world, but how much do you really know about him? The Scottish-born chef has led a fascinating life and is full of surprises that will make you an even bigger fan. Here are 15 things you might not know about the multi-Michelin starred and megafamous chef.
- He has four kids. He and his wife Tana have been married for 20 years and have three daughters and a son named Megan, Matilda, Holly, and Jack.
- He has a mobile game called Gordon Ramsay Dash that allows you to build your own restaurant empire. If you make a mistake, you might hear Gordon yell some of his famous insults at you, like "f*cking doughnut!"
- He made the same amount of money as Beyoncé last year. That's $54 million, to be exact.
- He grew up wanting to become a professional footballer — aka soccer player.
- He and his wife have a foundation called the Gordon and Tana Ramsay Foundation, which is a partnership with a UK children's hospital that raises money for thousands of patients.
- At just 27, he became head chef of a restaurant in England called Aubergine, where he led the restaurant to earn two Michel stars in three years.
- Now, that same restaurant is the longest-running restaurant with three Michelin stars.
- He thinks five things everyone should know how to cook are burgers, poached eggs, beef short ribs, sauteed chicken, and blondies or brownies.
- He and his family have two cats and a bulldog named Rumpole.
- He told Bon Appetit in an interview that his favorite curse word to use in the kitchen is "f*ckos."
- He prefers ketchup over mayo.
- If he could cook dinner for one celebrity, he'd choose Hillary Clinton.
- He has cried in the kitchen! The only person who has ever made him cry in the kitchen is . . . his daughter, Matilda.
- He's not a fan of Girl Scout Cookies: he spit out Thin Mints the first time he tried them.
- He believes a hot dog is a sandwich. Do you?!
Image Source: Getty / Todd Williamson