Baker & Spice shares their recipe for Green Vegetables & Ricotta Tart with Parmesan Crust.
- 2cups All-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Grated parmesan
- 150g Chilled butter
- 1 whole egg
- A pinch of table salt
- 2tbsp Ice water
- For mixing:
- 50g Ricotta
- 20g Parmesan
- 1 Sliced baby marrow
- 3 to 4 pieces Green beans
- 30g Green peas
- Rocket leaves - a handful
- 1tbsp Olive oil - 1tablespoon
- Maldon salt - a pinch
For parmesan crust dough:
- Take flour in a mixing bowl and add cold butter cubes. Rub butter & flour
together to resemble sandy texture.
- Add salt, grated parmesan and whole egg. Bind the dough together with help of ice water. Wrap the dough with plastic & chill for at least 30minutes.
- Roll the dough at 2mm thickness, 20cm each diameter.
Spread ricotta & parmesan mixed with salt, pepper & oregano. Leaving 1cm on the edge.
Once tart is baked, add blanched baby marrow ribbons, blanched green beans & peas, rocket leaves, drizzle some olive oil & Maldon salt on top.
Fold the dough from sides & cook on a baking paper in a preheated oven at 220degree for 15 to 20 mins.
- Total Time
- 49 minutes, 59 seconds