- Flour, for sprinkling
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
3 heaping teaspoons dijon mustard
9 slices good-quality ham
1 cup grated gruyere cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry until it's thin and about 15 inches wide.
- Spread the mustard liberally across the top of the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Top with the ham slices, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Starting with the end closest to you, carefully roll the puff pastry up over the ham and cheese to create a pinwheel.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least half an hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Alternately, spray with cooking spray or rub with oil.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the pinwheels, and slice with a serrated knife into 1/4-inch slices. Place each slice on its side on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp and golden. Enjoy immediately.
- Appetizers, Puff Pastry
- 15-20 pinwheels
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Anna Monette Roberts