- 1 cup flour
4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cold water
- Special equipment:
Mini fish cookie cutter
- In a food processor, gently pulse together flour, butter, cheese, and salt until it resembles a coarse sand. Add in water 1 tablespoon at a time and continue to pulse until a dough forms. Be careful to not overmix.
- Remove the dough from the processor, form into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your work surface, remove the dough from the plastic wrap, and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it's an 1/8th of an inch thick. Cut fish shaped cookies out of the dough and place on baking sheet. Use a toothpick to draw in an eye and a smile on the dough. Continue until the dough is used up completely.
- Bake crackers for 15 minutes or until slightly puffed and crispy. Let cool and enjoy.
- 6 to 8 Servings
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds