Sikka Cafe's Chef Mohamad Elatfy believes cooking is art, and it makes sense looking at his gorgeous dishes. The 36-year-old from Egypt has been in the kitchen for 17 years and shares his passion and wisdom in this hot mezze falafel recipe.
- 1kg Chickpeas
10g bicarbonate soda
50g coriander leaves
50g parsley leaves
Oil for frying
- Soak chick peas for 24 hours.
- Grind together chickpeas, coriander, parsley, onion and garlic into a coarse paste.
- Add salt and bicarbonate soda to the mixture and make small balls. You can slightly flatten the balls.
- Deep fry the balls at 160 degree Celsius for 3 minutes.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds