Dubai hotel, Manzil Downtown, shares how to recreate their Shakshuka – sunny side up eggs cooked, fresh roasted tomatoes and puree, oriental spices and bell pepper with sautéed mushrooms – at home.
- 2 eggs
1 can Mushroom
1 clove garlic, minced
1 white onion, chopped
1 bell pepper (green or red), chopped
3 cups diced tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Heat olive oil in medium sized skillet. Add the chopped onion and sauté for a few minutes ,over medium heat, until onion begins to soften.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté the ingredients.
- Add bell pepper and sauté until it softens and then add tomato paste.
- Slowly add tomatoes and mushrooms and let it cook.
- Season by adding the chili powder, paprika, and finish off with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs over the mixture and cover.
- Allow eggs to cook for about 10 mins until the egg whites appear cooked.
- Uncover and check after 5 mins to ensure the mixture and eggs do not overcook.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds