Mazaher Head Chef Ibrahim has a tasty hummus and dry figs with walnuts recipe from the Dubai restaurant that you can enjoy even after you've started that beach body diet. With only 1.3g of fat, 3g carbs and 27 calories per portion, this one's a winner.
- 2 cups drained, cooked chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), plus more to taste
- 1 small clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons chopped dry figs
- 1 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Soak the chick peas for 12 hours,wash it the ad bicarbonate soda and water then boil it till become very soft.
- Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, in the bowl of the food processor or blender.
Process the hummus continuously until it becomes very smooth for one to two minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to integrate any large chunks.
Taste and add more of any of the ingredients to taste.
- If your hummus is stiffer than you'd like, add more lemon juice or olive oil to thin it out and make the hummus creamier.
Scrape the hummus into a bowl and top it with the chopped dry figs and chopped walnuts, olive oil, serve with pita bread. Hummus will also keep for up to three days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Appetizers, Dips
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 4 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving