Prepare for those unbearably hot days with these Iced Watermelon and Rosemary Coolers from Spinneys. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare but you might want to whip up a huge batch in advance as they need 24 hours freezing time.
- 1.5kg Fashion watermelon flesh, cubed
40g caster sugar
4 sprigs rosemary, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- Arrange the watermelon in a single layer on trays. Transfer to the freezer for 24 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Put the sugar, rosemary and 100ml water in a pan set over a medium heat. Stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 30 minutes. Discard the rosemary and chill in the fridge.
- Tip a quarter of the frozen watermelon into a blender with 1 tbsp rosemary syrup. Blitz until the mixture has a frosty, slushy consistency. Add a splash of ice-cold water to loosen the mixture, if necessary.
- Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with a sprig of rosemary, if you like. Repeat the same process for the remaining coolers.