Can't decide whether to have meat of seafood for dinner tonight? Have both! In honor of Inka Dubai's first birthday, Head Chef Christian Motte shares his recipe for this tasty sliced duck magret and seared scallops dish over puree salsa criolla lucuma and topped with turkey bacon. That's one less difficult choice to make.
- 12 fresh clean scallops
1 Duck Magret
- FOR THE SALSA CRIOLLA:
30gr red onion in brunoise
30gr tomato in brunoise
25gr finely chopped coriander
20ml fresh lime juice
5ml oil salt – pinch black pepper – pinch
- LUCUMA PUREE:
250gr lucuma pulp
50ml double cream
5ml extra virgin olive oil
20gr finely chopped piquillo pepper
- FOR THE GARLIC GIANT CORN:
20gr giant Peruvian corn (choclo)
1 garlic clove
- Pre heat the oven at 180degrees Celcius.
- Add 5gr of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and allow to melt.
- Add the Lucuma pulp and the double cream and cook until purée consistency.
- Add the piquillo pepper, thyme and olive oil and cook for 2 minutes set aside.
For the giant corn:
- Cook the giant corn in water with one half of lime, star anise, and a spoon of sugar.
- Cook at low temperature until the corn is tender
separate the grains off the cobb and add them into a sauce pan with butter, cumin and chopped garlic.
For the salsa criolla:
- Mix all ingredients together and store in fridge.
For the rest:
Cut the duck magret in half (long side) and season it with salt and cumin.
Season the scallops with salt and lime juice,
In a hot pan place the duck magret skin side down, turn down the heat to medium and cook until the skin is golden brown.
Remove the Duck and place in an oven container with one branch of thyme into the oven for 4 minutes.
- Cook the scallops in a hot pan with oil.
- Cook them for about one minute on each side until golden color.
Let the duck rest for two minutes and cut into slices.
- Place the lucuma purée on the center of the plate in a shape that allows you to place the duck and scallops intercalated.
- Add the salsa criolla on top of the duck and scallops and the corn on the side.
- Finish it with some fresh coriander and crisp turkey bacon on top,.
- South American
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds