- Kennebec potatoes, 1 per person
High-heat oil, canola oil
Garlic salt and pepper, to taste
- Prep: Wash potatoes thoroughly under cold running water. Cut into 3/8-inch strips. Thoroughly rinse cut potatoes to remove excess starch until water is clear. Pat with paper towels until potatoes are dry.
- Blanch: In a large stock pot, fill it halfway full with a high-heat oil, like canola. Heat it over medium high until it reaches 325ºF. Blanch or precook the potatoes in the oil for about 3-4 minutes. Allow to drain on a flat sheet pan and cool completely under in the fridge or freezer.
- Double fry: When ready to serve, turn up the heat until oil reaches 350ºF. Drop cold, blanched potatoes into the hot oil and cook for 6-6 1/2 minutes.
- Season: Drain fries and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Season with garlic salt and pepper, and dig in to your crispy fries!
- Side Dishes, Potato