Check out Spinneys' authentic recipe for Kofta Bel Seney.
- 250g Spinneys Food Australian Organic Lamb, minced
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 20g parsley, chopped
- 120g potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1½ onions, cut into rings
- 50g ghee
- 100g Spinneys Food Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp Arabic seven spice mix
- Spinneys Food White Pepper, Black Pepper and Salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Mix the lamb with the finely chopped onion, parsley and spices, using your hands to create round shapes to make the kofta balls.
- Peel the potato, slice it into disks and add these with the onions rings in a deep oven tray.
- Add ghee to the tray, coating the vegetables as you go, and then add the lamb kofta balls.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt and the spices and cover straight away with foil.
- Place the tray in the oven for 20 mins, then remove the cover and leave it in for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the meat to turn a lovely brown color.
- Serve the kofta with rice vermicelli.
- Main Dishes
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 35 minutes
Image Source: Spinneys