Let's be honest, as much as we love pasta, sometimes it can get boring. So this Gnocchi au Salmon from Dubai restaurant, Le Cirque, is the perfect choice if you still want a fix of carbs. Check out how to make it like the Italians in the recipe below.
- FOR THE GNOCCHI:
350gr Mash potato (still hot)
1 small egg
1 pinch Salt
- FOR THE SMOKED SALMON CREAM:
100gr Smoked salmon
50gr Smoked salmon
20gr White onion
10ml Lemon juice
10gr Spring onion
- FOR THE TOMATO SALSA:
30gr Tomato peeled and chopped
10gr Red onion
- For the gnocchi, mix together the parmesan, flour, salt and semolina and mix the mash with the
- Combine both mixtures and refrigerate.
- Put the mix in a piping bag and onto a table with flour.
- Pipe a line of gnocchi, roll it and cut each 2cm.
For the cream, sauté in one pan the salmon and add the milk and cream.
- In another pan, sauté the onion and celery in butter and add the flour to get a paste. Allow the
flour to cook and add the cream with the salmon. Let rest and infuse for an hour.
- Strain and cook the gnocchi for about 6 minutes.
- Peel the tomatoes, chop only the flesh and chop the onions.
- Main Dishes