If it's not Girl Scout Cookies season, you can make your own or substitute another thin, round cookie.
- Dark chocolate candy melts
Thin Mint cookies
Green candy melts
Green sanding sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt dark chocolate candy melts in 30-second intervals or until completely melted.
- Dip cookie in chocolate, coating completely, and set on parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
- Stick a toothpick or long skewer into a marshmallow so it is easy to dip in the chocolate. Cover marshmallow completely with melted chocolate, and place on parchment paper flat-side down. Place chocolate-covered cookies and marshmallows in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- In the microwave, melt green candy melts in 30-second intervals or until completely melted. Dip the base of the marshmallow into green candy melts to create a small band of green around the bottom. While the chocolate is still wet, roll in green sanding sugar.
- Use another small spoonful of melted chocolate to attach the marshmallow to the cookie, and carefully remove toothpick. Fill the hole with a little bit of dark chocolate. Place chocolate hats in the refrigerator to set.
- To make shamrocks: Melt green candy melts and place melted chocolate in a piping bag. Pipe three dots onto a piece of parchment paper in a triangle, and drag a toothpick through the center of each dot going down to create a shamrock shape. Sprinkle the top with green sanding sugar. Place shamrocks in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until they are set.
- To finish the hat, attach a shamrock to the bottom of the hat using some melted green candy melts.
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds