Siraj Restaurant in Dubai's Souk Al Bahar shares their delicious recipe for traditional Leventine snack Lobster and Meat Kibbeh.
- For the Kibbeh dough:
- Fine Wheat Bulgur – 500 grams
- Hammour Fish Fillet – 380 grams
- Marjoram Powder – 1 and a half teaspoons
- Red Onions chopped – ¼ cup
- Whole Garlic – 3-4 cloves
- Malden Sea Salt – to taste
- For the stuffing:
- Canadian Lobster (finely chopped) – 100 grams
- Guacamole Labneh – 100 grams
- Olive Oil – as required
- Red Onion Chopped – 500 grams
- Finely chopped Parsley
- Finely chopped Celery
- Finely chopped Leek
- Finely chopped mint leaves
- Finely chopped coriander
- Peeled and finely chopped Carrot – ¼ cup
- Grated Nut meg
- Soak the fine wheat Bulgur in water for 15 minutes, and then drain the water.
- Add the red onion, Marjoram Powder, whole garlic and salt. Put the mixture through a meat mincer twice.
- Add the Hammour fillet and pass it through the meat mincer one more time.
- Heat Olive Oil in a pan. Add onion, carrot, leek and celery and sauté till the onions become golden brown.
- Add the Lobster, and then add parsley, mint and coriander.
- Finish with some grated nutmeg and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Take 30g of the dough in your hand for each Kibbeh.
- Make them into thin, even circular shapes.
- Add the filling and lock the ends by pressing the ends of the dough together, making it into the shape of a Kibbeh.
- Deep fry at 180c for 5 minutes.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 49 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Siraj Restaurant