Local Bites Cafe on Dubai's Jumeirah Beach Road serves up a traditional Emirati breakfast of chebabs – a pancake-style dish that goes well with date syrup, cheese or eggs. Here's how to recreate it at home.
- 1kg No.1 Flour
½kg No.2 Flour
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Cardamom
1 pinch Baking Powder
Few Drops Lemon Yellow Color
½tsp Vanilla Essence
3 tsp heaped NIDO milk powder
2 tbsp Oil
1.5 cup Water
- Beat the eggs, sugar, Nido powder, oil, cardamom, vanilla essence, salt, yeast, yellow food color.
- Gradually add water (½ cup) and beat well for 3 – 4 mins.
- Add flour and fold with hands.
- Add No.2 flour and beat with hand. Add ¾ cup of water to this.
- Cover and leave to rise for 1 hr.
- put batter on Chebab/pancake machine and cook till yellow brown.
- Top this with date syrup and cream cheese.
- Enjoy with fruits and toppings of your choice.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds