Siraj Restaurant in Dubai's Souk al Bahar shares their recipe for the traditional Arabic sweet dough ball dessert that is Luqaimat.
- Flour No. 1 – 500 grams
- Corn Flour – 200 grams
- Baking Powder – 100 grams
- Yeast – 2 teaspoons
- Sugar – 4 teaspoons
- Saffron – a pinch
- Date Syrup
- Milk – 100ml
- Mix the flour, corn flour, baking powder and yeast.
- Add sugar and crushed cardamom.
- Heat the milk with oil and add saffron for color and flavor.
- Mix everything together well and allow the dough to rise for half an hour.
- Make tiny balls out of the dough and deep fry in oil at 160c.
- When the dumplings are light brown, remove from oil and place it on kitchen paper.
- Serve hot with date syrup.
- Desserts, Doughnuts
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Siraj Restaurant