Everyone loves a good food mashup, and Burger King has a new one with the announcement of its Mac n' Cheetos. They've sent the internet into a frenzy clamoring to try them. We did and reviewed them, but couldn't stop there. We knew we had to make 'em ourselves, and we couldn't be happier with the results!
Brandi's wearing Shoshanna
- 2 cups cold, leftover mac and cheese, homemade or from a box
2 cups Cheetos
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
High heat oil, for frying
- Roll cold macaroni and cheese into 2" logs. Place on baking sheet and then freeze for 2 hours.
- Place Cheetos into a food processor and process to a fine crumb.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl and place flour in a third bowl. Dip macaroni logs into flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally in the Cheetos mixture. Place on a baking sheet and freeze a second time for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350ºF.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the outside is just starting to turn golden brown. Let drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve warm with ranch dressing.
- Finger Foods
- 5 servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 59 minutes, 59 seconds