Also known as Garudhiya, this clear fish broth is a staple food in Maldivian cuisine. Check out the easy recipe below from Niyama Private Islands.
- 1 medium fillet of tuna ( cut into about 2 inch chunks)
- 1 liters of water
- Salt to taste
- 1 onion sliced (optional)
- 6 – 8 curry leaves (optional)
- 1-3 pandan leaves
- Maldivian chili (githeyo mirus) – chopped
- Add salt to the water, curry leaves, and pandan leaves.
- When the water starts to boil add the tuna, chili and continue to boil.
- After the tuna is cooked add salt to taste.
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
Image Source: Niyama Private Islands