Mango Kulfi is soothing dessert from Naya restaurant in Dubai's Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Available at Jumeirah Restaurant Week (October 5 to 13) it's best enjoyed after a rustic Indian meal to smoothen your palate.
The festivities will welcome eight days of feasting off affordable set menus from 40 of Jumeirah's most loved restaurants. Menus range from AED95, AED150, AED200 and AED350.
- 200ml Milk
70g Fresh dates
20g Fresh mint
- Heat the milk and cream together and reduce it to half the mixture. Add the sugar and
remove from the heat.
- Cool this mixture and set aside.
- Meanwhile, take 50 ml of milk and cook the dates for 5 minutes on a low flame. Add the
fresh mint, cook for another 2 minutes and cool this mixture. Blend to form a smooth
puree once cooled.
- Add the date puree to the milk and cream to form a smooth mixture.
- Pour them in individual moulds and set in a deep freezer at -18 degrees Celsius for 3
hours and serve.