Swap Your Pizza Order For This Homemade Mediterranean Flatbread
There's no telling what goes into your usual takeout pizza, so to get the same fix but control what you're putting into your body, try making this Mediterranean Flatbread from Eggspectation.
- 1 Pizza dough ball (220g)
70g Tomato sauce
90g Shredded Mozzarella
60g Grilled eggplant
20g Sliced black olives
50g Grilled red pepper julienne
50g Grilled Green pepper julienne
Pinch of Fresh Oregano
20g Feta cheese crumbed
- Set the oven temperature to 350° Celsius.
- Apply flour on the surface and onto pizza dough ball. Knead with finger tips to flatten the dough. Keep the dough on the surface and roll the pizza dough by hand or using a rolling pin 12 inches in size. For a rectangular shape, just pull the two sides.
- Apply tomato sauce on the fresh flattened dough without touching edges.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella over the tomato sauce and add all the grilled vegetables. Then sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Use pizza spatula and put the ready-to-bake flat bread into the oven. Bake the flat bread for 3 to 4 min or until it becomes crispy. Baking time for 270ºC is 7 to 9 min.
- Once the flat bread has been baked remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh oregano, spray extra virgin olive oil on edges and serve.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 8 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: Eggspectation