Mediterranean Stuffed Squash Recipe
Make Meatless Mondays Stress-Free With Hearty Stuffed Squash
Mediterranean Stuffed Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp butter
1 medium shallot, chopped
2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock
2 cups water
1-1/2 cup quinoa, washed
100g feta cheese
50g pine seeds, lightly toasted
1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
1 cup black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Split butternut squash into 2 equal pieces and remove the seeds.
- Brush vegetable oil and sprinkle oregano and salt over the top.
- Place in a preheated oven and roast at 1800C for 30 minutes until the flesh is soft.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan, add and sauté shallots until golden.
- Add 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Add washed quinoa and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until stock is absorbed and the grains are tender.
- In a mixing bowl combine feta cheese, pine seeds, bell peppers, olives, parsley and chives with the slightly cooled quinoa.
- Remove squash from oven and use the quinoa stuffing to fill the squash.
- Return to the oven and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Dish can be served either warm or cold.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: MAGGI