- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cup quinoa, washed
- 100g feta cheese
- 50g pine seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Split butternut squash into 2 equal pieces and remove the seeds.
- Brush vegetable oil and sprinkle oregano and salt over the top.
- Place in a preheated oven and roast at 1800C for 30 minutes until the flesh is soft.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan, add and sauté shallots until golden.
- Add 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Add washed quinoa and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until stock is absorbed and the grains are tender.
- In a mixing bowl combine feta cheese, pine seeds, bell peppers, olives, parsley and chives with the slightly cooled quinoa.
- Remove squash from oven and use the quinoa stuffing to fill the squash.
- Return to the oven and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Dish can be served either warm or cold.
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
- Total Time
- 1 hour
Image Source: MAGGI